It’s that time of year again: time to get dolled up and celebrate the special person in your life. Yes, yes, you should appreciate them every day, but Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to do something extraordinary and out of your normal routine.
Now, to be honest, I don’t usually do anything incredibly over the top in terms of my Valentine’s Day makeup. I like doing something soft, romantic, but with elements of glam.
This classically casual glam Valentine’s Day makeup look is very versatile, with neutral rose shades for the eyes and a punch with a classic red lip. To create this look, I used several brand new drugstore products, and I’m happy to report that they all performed really well for this all-day look.
I was surprised to find that the BH Cosmetics Illuminate Beach Goddess Palette was far more pigmented than the Night Goddess palette that I reviewed a couple of weeks ago. All of the new products, in fact, really exceeded my expectations.
Watch the video above for the full tutorial, and my thoughts on the new drugstore makeup.
- ISH Face Primer
- Maybelline Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation
- CoverGirl Outlast All Day Soft Touch Concealer
- CoverGirl Easy Breezy Brow Powder
- NYX Eyeshadow Base
- BH Cosmetics/Illuminate Beach Goddess Palette
- Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara
- House of Lashes Timeless Falsies
- CoverGirl Outlast All Day Custom Reds Lip Color in Your Classic Red